Creating UV Tables at runtime

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Creating UV Tables at runtime

Post by chulett »

Just wanted to double-check on something...

There is an option on the General tab in the Universe Stage to "Create table in target database". I'm hoping this works like a hash in that it will only create it if it doesn't exist, but the Help text makes me wonder. If I don't enable the "DROP table before CREATE" option, will this get me the behaviour I want - which is for the first run *only* to create the table? The Help says: "If you do not select Drop table before CREATE and the named table already exists, then the create table operation will fail." I really don't want to see creation failure messages every time I run this job. [}:)]

Thanks,

-craig
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Bad news. The Help is correct. The alternative is to uncheck the "create" box after the first run, or to create the table "manually" (look at the generated DDL in the UV stage) either in the Administrator client's Command window or in a telnet session.

Ray Wurlod
Education and Consulting Services
ABN 57 092 448 518
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Great... thanks Ray. I ended up creating it thru the Administrator anyways, 'cuz I was afraid that was going to be the answer. Too bad that the only way to get the job to create it is for it to do it over and over and over again.