Datastage in a host with 2 NICs

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Have you tried connecting to the IP address rather than to the hostname? The IP address would, of course, need to be accessible, either via a generous mask or via a router/bridge of some kind.
I would advise against changing the default port numbers used by DataStage, even though it is possible, as it increases difficulty of diagnosing other problems.

Ray Wurlod
Education and Consulting Services
ABN 57 092 448 518
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

I suspect this is not a DataStage issue, but one that you will need to resolve with your network administrator. Somewhere there needs to be established a route from LAN1 to LAN2 (or vice versa). That the alias in your hosts file works indicates that each can be accessed from DataStage.
At most sites where I have worked and the DataStage machine had 2 NICs, one was for the exclusive use of DataStage (for speed) and the other was unused by DataStage completely, so I cannot really speak authoritatively on this topic.