Importing Excel and Ms Access through ODBC setup

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

vasu
Premium Member
Premium Member

Importing Excel and Ms Access through ODBC setup

Post by vasu »

Hi,
1)How i can import table definitions through Datastage 5.1 using Excel and Ms Access through ODBC setup.

2)How i can configure ODBC setup on Excel and MS-access on windowsNT and Unix environment.

3)If i don't have any Username and Password on Excel and Ms_access then how i can give the Username and Password parameters. Can i specify default Username....

4)Is there any other way's to access these Excel and MS Access in Datastage....

Thanks for your help.
Vasu
amaruvi
Participant

Post by amaruvi »

For this you need to create a DSN for Ms-Excel. In this option the sheets in an excel work book are considered to be like tables. This is similar to creating DSN for Access Database. Furher more, Excel work book can be considered to be a database and the sheets of the
excel work book can be considered to be like tables.

After creating a DSN ( using Microsoft Excel Driver ) , from DS Manager, import the meta data of the excel file by including the system tables option. From then on in the Designer, this metadata can be used like that of any ODBC Stage. Hope this answers your question.

Regards
D.Amaruvi