Lookup problem

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

You can do that by using a UV stage to access the hashed file, and checking the "reference link with multi row result set" check box.
Just lie about what columns are key columns; but you must provide values - through key expressions - for any column you assert to be a search key.
If performance is an issue, you can create UniVerse indexes on the search columns.
vbalacts
Participant

Post by vbalacts »

Hi,

In my job, the transformer has 2 inputs, one (primary link) from Oracle and the lookup is hashed file (using UV stage). There is no Check box with option "reference link with multi row result set". The datastage version is 5.1. Can anyone please guide me soon.

Also, I want to know the Association, Type feature in UV Stage. Can you please explain about these in detail.

Hi,
I got a sequential input file and a lookup Hashed File...
For each record in the sequenctial file, it's possible that we retrieve 0 or more (1,2,3,4...) records in the lookup file...
(In the sequential file, I don't have all the information to make the join on the Hashed file's keys...)

How I can do that ???

I'm using Datastage 4.2...

Thanks..
Mathieu

do you linux
vbalacts
Participant

Post by vbalacts »

Hi,

In my job, the transformer has 2 inputs, one (primary link) from Oracle and the lookup is hashed file (using UV stage). There is no Check box with option "reference link with multi row result set". The datastage version is 5.1. Can anyone please guide me soon.

Also, I want to know the Association, Type feature in UV Stage. Can you please explain about these in detail.

Thanks,
Bala
Hi,
I got a sequential input file and a lookup Hashed File...
For each record in the sequenctial file, it's possible that we retrieve 0 or more (1,2,3,4...) records in the lookup file...
(In the sequential file, I don't have all the information to make the join on the Hashed file's keys...)

How I can do that ???

I'm using Datastage 4.2...

Thanks..
Mathieu

do you linux
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

"Reference link with multi row result set" is only available in the UV and ODBC stage types.
You can use a UV stage to access a hashed file.

The two grid columns Type and Association are related to the handling of multi-valued fields. Since you populated your hashed file from Oracle, it is impossible that it will contain multi-valued fields.