DataStage to SQL Server 2000

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

jseclen
Participant

DataStage to SQL Server 2000

Post by jseclen »

i'm trying to connect to SQL Server 2000, i changed the .odbc.ini to create the conexion, when i use the Manager to test the DS Conexion, show me an error about the user or password are wrong..

my conection in the .odbc.ini is:

[TData]
Driver=/home1/dsadm/Ascential/DataStage/DSEngine/../branded_odbc/lib/VMmsss17.so
Description=DataDirect 4.0 SQL Server Wire Protocol
Database=Pubs
LogonID=Prueba
Password=Test
Address=100.200.20.100,1433
QuotedId=No
AnsiNPW=No

a friend told me that SQL Server 2000 using Instances, how configure this conection using Instances??

Thanks.

Miguel Seclen
Lima - Peru
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

This was answered by Kim Duke on datastage-users@oliver.com, so you will be able to find that answer in the archives (on this site). I paraphrase that answer:

SQL Server 2000 was not supported (by the ODBC driver). The issue is that SQL Server 2000 can have multiple instances. The driver did not support multiple instances even though you may only have one instance. We had a work around in which we create a link from an old SQL Server to the SQL Server 2000 instance. As a short term solution it worked very well.