Urgent ... Please help (Upgrade to v4.2)

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

badhri
Participant

Urgent ... Please help (Upgrade to v4.2)

Post by badhri »

Hi,

We upgraded our project from DS4.0 to DS4.2. We have a job which has two ORAOCI8 plug-ins with a transformer in the middle to do the one-to-one mapping.

There was a column in the source table of decimal datatype and the length was specified as 38 in DS4.0 and the datatype in the Oracle database was number.

But the job got aborted when we ran in DS4.2. The reason was the length of the data for that column was exceding 38 characters. So when we increased the length to 100 it was running fine.

Now, my doubt is how did this run fine in DS4.0 and aborts only in DS4.2.

Is this problem with the upgradation process. Is there anywhere we shd specify the precision. Please help.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Badhri ...
srinivasb
Participant

Post by srinivasb »

Hi Badhri,

I have worked on 4.2 and 38 is the max for Oracle.Pl check whether your data has decimal points i.e. decimals after the point 39.0000 makes a lot of diff to 39.

Use Oracle command ROUND instead of NumericRound off function in DS at OCI stage which can be given as user defined SQL.
Otherwise the truncation always results as fatal error for the job.

Regards
Srini

Srinivas.B
Dubai
Mobile :00971507380893