After Upgrade to 4.2 - ORA-01406

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

badhri
Participant

After Upgrade to 4.2 - ORA-01406

Post by badhri »

Greetings,

We upgraded from 4 to 4.2 and we have a job that has a source and a target oracle oraoci8 plugins with a one-to-one mapping between them. When I run the job I get the below mentioned oracle error in the source plug-in.

ORA-01406 fetched column value was truncated

Please help.

Badhri ..

P.S: From the Documentation.

ORA-01406 fetched column value was truncated
Cause: In a host language program, a FETCH operation was forced to truncate a character string. The program buffer area for this column was not large enough to contain the entire string. The cursor return code from the fetch was +3.
Action: Increase the column buffer area to hold the largest column value or perform other appropriate processing.
badhri
Participant

Post by badhri »

Hi,

We upgraded our project from DS4.0 to DS4.2. We have a job which has two ORAOCI8 plug-ins with a transformer in the middle to do the one-to-one mapping.

There was a column in the source table of decimal datatype and the length was specified as 38 in DS4.0 and the datatype in the Oracle database was number.

But the job got aborted when we ran in DS4.2. The reason was the length of the data for that column was exceding 38 characters. So when we increased the length to 100 it was running fine.

Now, my doubt is how did this run fine in DS4.0 and aborts only in DS4.2.

Is this problem with the upgradation process. Is there anywhere we shd specify the precision. Please help.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Badhri ...