invalid ROWID

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

cebishop
Participant

Post by cebishop »

[quote]
I have an Error-'ORA-01410: invalid ROWID' during running of the compiled job. Can any one suggest why the error occurs??

Did this problem get fixed as I have encountered the same problem after upgrading to Oracle 9.0.1, running on Solaris. Datastage version 6.0.3.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Does Oracle 9.0.1 have a "funny" data type for ROWID? (SQL Server certainly does.) If you're trying to feed an integer into this column, you may need to use a CAST. Or not to try to feed it a value at all but, instead, have Oracle generate the ROWID when you insert a row (which is, after all, the intent of a ROWID).
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

You will need to supply more information before anyone can really help you. What *exactly* is it that your job is doing? What version of Oracle? Accessed via the OCI8 stage or ODBC?

It also never hurts to mention your hardware platform and DS version number, as that may effect the advice given.

-craig
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

*Oracle* has a "funny" data type for rowids - "ROWID", oddly enough. Never tried, but I'd guess if you really want to play with it in DataStage, you'd need to use ROWIDTOCHAR() in Oracle to get it out (and you'd get an 18 character VARCHAR, I believe) and the corresponding CHARTOROWID() before you put it back.

-craig
cebishop
Participant

Post by cebishop »

The job is a control routine that truncates a table (ds_controls), the table is then recreated and parameter values inserted.

This fails with the Oracle error ORA-01410, invalid rowid, using Oracle 9.0.1.4 and datastage 6.0.3. with OCI 9.2.

This job still works with Oracle 8.0.5 and datastage 6.0.3.

Any help/advice would be great.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Just to clarify your problem, which works and which doesn't? When you say OCI 9.2, do you mean the OCI9 stage or the Oracle 9.2 client? On my platform, I can only use the OCI8 stage, but it seems to work fine accessing a 9i database as long as I stick an 8 client.

So which combinations of plugin, database and client don't work for you?

-craig