Scheduler errors

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

jcastonguay
Participant

Scheduler errors

Post by jcastonguay »

Hi.

I have some Batch:: jobs created which work fine and call various child jobs to fire up. All is well, tested over and over. Today I set the Scheduler to start these batch jobs up and I am consistently aborting when the child jobs start, with the 'Cannot create file' error for some flat files the job creates. I used the Scheduler to directly start the child jobs and I abort. Start manually or through my Batch:: jobs, and all is fine. DataStage is on an NT box. I even deleted the previous files manually in case there was a permissioning issue but the error still occured. All parameters are being set fine from the Scheduler.

Is there anything anyone might be able to tell me about this scheduler? It seems like a permissions problem of some kind. Hair pulling time here ! In the past I've had Maestro scheduler doing the work ... not the DataStage one itself.

Thanks,

Jeff
jcastonguay
Participant

Post by jcastonguay »

I think I figured this out on my own by doing the smart thing and checking the help system first. Looks like I need to set up the scheduler as it defaults to the underlying operating system as the owner and leads to some permissioning issues. Thanks anyways ...