How to call a Web Service from a Java Stage

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

mgsteiner
Premium Member
Premium Member

How to call a Web Service from a Java Stage

Post by mgsteiner »

Hello all,

I have a requirement to implement a Job where I have to call a Web Service using SSL Authentication (Client Authentication only), provide an XML as Input and receive and XML (from the web Service) as Output.
The Problem is, DataStage doe not Support Client Authentication but mutual authentication , therefore I have to do the implementation with the Java Stages and not with WSDL Stages.

Can somebody tell me how to call a web Service from a Java Class (that will be implemented in the Java Client Stages). In this way the I would pass the Input to the Java Stage, the Java stage do the Connection to th eweb Service , get the ouput and I can pass the Output to an XML Output Stage or something

Any Suggestion is accepted :)

Thanks a lot in advance

Rgds
MGS
eostic
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by eostic »

You have a lot of pre-work to do....

a) determine how to call a web service from Java. Get it working stand-alone. This is a java skill independent of DataStage. If you don't know how to do it yourself, I would advise starting some web searches --- there are literally thousands of resources and other forums like this one, for Java.

b) learn how to use javapack with DataStage. Again, there are lots of resources out there....my blog (url below) has posts, and the forum here is filled with posts on how to use javapack.

c) put the two skills together. Once you know how to do (a), and also (b), you can combine the techniques in a class that does what you need.

This all assumes that you are convinced that it can't be done with the WS Stages......

Ernie
Ernie Ostic

blogit!
<a href="https://dsrealtime.wordpress.com/2015/0 ... ere/">Open IGC is Here!</a>
mgsteiner
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by mgsteiner »

eostic wrote:You have a lot of pre-work to do....

a) determine how to call a web service from Java. Get it working stand-alone. This is a java skill independent of DataStage. If you don't know how to do i ...
Thanks for the reply but I cannot see your comments because I'm not PREMIUM Member. Can you post it in some other way?
MGS