Folder stage Issue

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

neena
Participant

Folder stage Issue

Post by neena »

Hi everyone, I have migrated a server job from Windows to the Linux DS server. The job was working fine in the Windows server. Please see the job structure below.

Folder Stage ---> Transformer ---> Command Stage

When I run/reset the same job in Linux server I am getting the following error. No issue occurred while compiling the job. I am wondering if there is anything that needs to be done. Please let me know.

Error: ds_loadlibrary: error in dlopen of command.dll - command.dll: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory.

I have made sure the folder structure is correct and the files are also available.

At first I thought may be the stages are missing, but I can see the Folder stage and Command stage available in the pallet.

I tried to do the search but didn't get much luck.
neena
Participant

Post by neena »

I have done couple of tests and came to the conclusion that its not the issue with the folder stage. But with the Command Stage.
I have removed the command stage and ran the job and everything worked fine. I am still checking.
neena
Participant

Post by neena »

I came across this link which is explaining that Command stage is only used for Windows Server.

I have exported entire project from Windows to Linux, I am guessing maybe that's why I am able to see the Command stage available in the Linux version of Data Stage pallet, but its really cannot be used in the Linux version.

viewtopic.php?p=248561
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

You are correct - Windows only for the Command task. You should be able to swap it for an Execute Command task.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Possibly an External Source stage will be what you require.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Sorry, my advice was incorrect - I was thinking we were talking about a Sequence job. And External Source is only for PX jobs. What exactly is the stage doing for you in the job?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Ditto. What output do you require? Perhaps you can solve it via the Filter command in a Sequential File stage - which will read stdout of the Filter command rather than any particular file.
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
neena
Participant

Post by neena »

The Command stage is not doing anything, it was just put there to end the flow so that job can run. The command that was listed was "ls". (I am just tweaking the job someone developed)

So I have removed the Command stage and added Sequential File stage and pointed the data flow to the black hole (/dev/null). Now the job is working fine.

Any way really appreciate all your suggestions.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

:idea:
Annotate your job design to warn people against trying a View Data on the Sequential File stage that accesses /dev/null
neena
Participant

Post by neena »

Thanks so much Ray/Chulett. This is a really great forum.

I did forgot to mention the Annotation. Thanks for the idea Ray.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

:idea: :idea:
I sometimes even hide the Sequential File stage in a local container when I'm appending to /dev/null (as well as keeping the annotation with it).