Hash look up error

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

sunil2020
Participant

Hash look up error

Post by sunil2020 »

The job was executing without any issues. In the second run I killed the job as it was slow.

From there on, I get this below error message. I have no clue what is going on. Please find the error message below

Thanks

Code: Select all

Format..AddressidtbloutHash.Addresstbl: DSD.BCIOpenW call to function SQLExecDirect failed.
DELETE FROM "AddressidtblHash" 
SQLSTATE=40001, DBMS.CODE=950261
[DataStage][SQL Client][UNIVERSE]DataStage/SQL: NOWAIT, Can't lock file, conflict with user "63978". 
SQLSTATE=S1000, DBMS.CODE=1502
[DataStage][SQL Client][UNIVERSE]Unable to continue. Aborting!
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Killed how? Not cleanly as your hashed table is still "busy" and cannot be locked, something the error message clearly notes. Find and kill the remaining process(es) for that job.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
sunil2020
Participant

Post by sunil2020 »

I stopped the Job from the designer. We even tried restarting the DS server, it still didn't help.
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

Was the same user number shown after your restart (number 63978)? How one goes forward depends upon that, since it is highly unlikely that the same user/lock scenario will happen twice in a row.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Do you see a lock on this table when you invoke Cleanup Resources from the Director client? How about if you issue a LIST.READU command?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.