Execution Time

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Command line via dsjob -jobinfo or from a routine using DSGetJobInfo() can get you elapsed time and then you can compare the results.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
joycerecacho
Participant

Post by joycerecacho »

Tks friend.

Can I do it inside the transformer, can I use this function inside the transformer?

I thought about read the universe table DS_JOBS through The stage Universe and then use this function inside the transformer, informing the jobname as the parameter.

Tksss!!

Best regards,
Joyce A. Recacho
São Paulo/SP
Brazil
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Create a routine to get the start and end timestamps from a job. Call this routine from a Transformer stage. Have your job process job names from DS_JOBS (filtering out "category" entries, for example NAME MATCHES "1A0X").
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

One thing - make sure you don't try to attach to the job that is running this routine, that will cause a hang.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

It does run, even though slowly. DSGetJob() actually does a lot of work.
Attach and Detach are also not without their overheads.

To implement Craig's suggestion, simply test that the selected job name is not the same as that of the calling job.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.