Ignore Warnings

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

lote11
Participant

Ignore Warnings

Post by lote11 »

Hi,
Im having the following problem. I schedule a sequence job that runs 5 job server, the problem is that every job server gives a warning and the sequence job is set by default to stop after 50 warnings. How can i ignore this 50 warnings?
I run manually the sequence server y click in the option "No warning limits", but when it run by the schedule it set automatic to 50 warnings.

THANKS
Juan Escalante
IT Consultant
pandeesh
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by pandeesh »

whether you are running manually or running as per schedule, in the background dsjob command should be called. S, you need to pass -warn 0 to dsjob command.
Why you want to ignore the warning rather than fixing the warnings?
pandeeswaran
PaulVL
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by PaulVL »

As a datastage admin I would recommend that you fix the job to address the warnings.

Some shops have a "0 warnings" policy to make it into production.
pandeesh
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by pandeesh »

I agree !many clients have that policy
pandeeswaran
lote11
Participant

Post by lote11 »

pandeesh wrote:whether you are running manually or running as per schedule, in the background dsjob command should be called. S, you need to pass -warn 0 to dsjob command.
Why you want to ignore the warning rather than fixing the warnings?

Thanks for your answer, im running the sequence by a .bat, so you said i have to put the command like:

"D:\IBM\InformationServer\Server\DSEngine\bin\dsjob.exe -run CS Pro_Kick_Off -warn 0 " ??
Juan Escalante
IT Consultant
SURA
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by SURA »

First find the cause of the warning and then rectify it. So that the warning will be eliminated. In some cases we may not have any other choice other than handling the warning. In that case use message handler. As far as i know this is the good practice.

DS User
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

SURA wrote: In that case use message handler.
Message handlers do not exist for server jobs or sequences.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
SURA
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by SURA »

ray.wurlod wrote: Message handlers do not exist for server jobs or sequences.
Sorry Ray. I didnt noticed. My mistake.

DS User
qt_ky
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by qt_ky »

Yes, with the -warn 0 option, zero = unlimited warnings. You can see all the options by running dsjob from the command line and all the -run options by running dsjob -run. Try it like this.

Code: Select all

D:\IBM\InformationServer\Server\DSEngine\bin\dsjob.exe -run -warn 0 CS Pro_Kick_Off
Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life. - Confucius