Job failed due to connection closed error

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

just4u_sharath
Premium Member
Premium Member

Job failed due to connection closed error

Post by just4u_sharath »

Hello,
we have a job that load 30-40 million records in to hash file. Job is getting aborted after 2 hours with the following error. I checked with datastage admin team and they told there is no issue on thier end There is no setting in datastage side which define the timeout setting for db2 connection. I checked with DB2 database admin team too with no result.

we also split the hash files to make sure that it does not exceed size. For few records job finishes fine. In production this jobs is running fine but i am having issues running it on Qa.

Content..Db_6: [IBM][CLI Driver] CLI0106E Connection is closed. SQLSTATE=08003
SQLTransact: Error committing transaction.
[IBM][CLI Driver] SQL30081N A communication error has been detected. Communication protocol being used: "TCP/IP". Communication API being used: "SOCKETS". Location where the error was detected: "10.235.51.95". Communication function detecting the error: "recv". Protocol specific error code(s): "131", "*", "0". SQLSTATE=08001

Thanks
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

I'd go back to your admin team as that sounds very DB2 specific.

http://dbaspot.com/db2-udb/169323-error ... abase.html
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
SURA
Premium Member
Premium Member

Re: Job failed due to connection closed error

Post by SURA »

Please do check with the Unix Admin also and find what entry they have in the lof at the time when you tried to connect?

DS User
dongyingying
Participant

Post by dongyingying »

So Did you resolved the question ,I want to know the result too.
Dong Ying Ying Come on.