ds_ipcput() - timeout waiting for mutex

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

vikibemech
Participant

Post by vikibemech »

I have done a complete search with the subject but not able to resolve my issue. Can any one help me with a solution

I am facing fatal error with Link Partitioner stage. 2 Million records are processed every week but facing this issue today. Checked buffer size and timeout and showing as 1024 & 600 repectively. But not sure why I am getting this error.

Job design

Seq file -> LP -> LC -> Trans -> Seq file

Any help will be very much appreciated.
Vignesh Kumar N
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Are the two "link" stages actually doing anything in the job?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
vikibemech
Participant

Post by vikibemech »

No. It just split the file into 3 and combine again as 1 file.
Vignesh Kumar N
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Why? If they've been added because someone thought they would magically improve performance, that's not what they are for. I'd suggest removing them from the job, 2 million records is not a large amount and I can't imagine turning off the troublesome buffering would make any kind of significant change in the 'performance' of the load. Other than just make it work all the time.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
qt_ky
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by qt_ky »

If the job design were ... LP -> Trans -> LC -> ... and the Transormer stage did some seriously heavy processing then the LP/LC could help performance, but as it is I don't see any point to it either.
Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life. - Confucius