Time Conversion Problem - Timezone?

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

evee1
Premium Member
Premium Member

Time Conversion Problem - Timezone?

Post by evee1 »

I have an Oracle connector stage with a Date(26,6) field that gets assigned with the result of to_date('20111023170825', 'yyyymmddHH24MISS').

Then in a transformer I convert it to VarChar(50) using the following

Code: Select all

Oconv(lnk_inp.D_DATA_STORE_DATE,'MTS')
and store into the file.
But the value in a file is 04:26:42, rather than 17:08:25.

Am I using the wrong time format? Is there some timezone indicator I should use (however I cannot find much information about time zones in DS)?
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Oconv() with MTS will only work on the time component. Yours is converting the entire number as if it were an interval then reporting it as a time of day. But what you're wanting to do is formatting rather than converting, so you should prefer the Fmt() function with a mask. Otherwise you have to break the source timestamp into date, time and fractional seconds then convert each of the first two appropriately before re-assembling.

Try this instead:

Code: Select all

Fmt(lnk_inp.D_DATA_STORE_DATE, "L####-##-## ##:##:##")
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
evee1
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by evee1 »

Hmm, now I'm getting the following string in the file
"1600-2 - : : ". It seems just to format internal representation of the date, which is 16002.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

So the date IS being converted to internal format. In this case that is not what you want. Can you specify TO_CHAR rather than TO_DATE in the SQL statement?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.