apply table locks in teradata through DataStage

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

meet_deb85
Premium Member
Premium Member

apply table locks in teradata through DataStage

Post by meet_deb85 »

We are loading multiple Teradata tables through a single job.
While loading if the job fails then all the records which were inserted in the other tables in the same run should be rolled back. .i.e either all the records should be inserted in all the tables or no records should be inserted in any of the table at all.
Please suggest which stages to be used in DataStage Server job to achieve the same
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Distributed Transaction Stage, once they enable it for use with Teradata.

Until then it has to be "roll your own" back!
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
meet_deb85
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by meet_deb85 »

Hi Ray,

Can't we use Teradata Multiload Stage and using 1 stage for 1 table within my job. I mean to say if there are 3 tables to be populated using the same job, I will use 3 stages within the job.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

That's fine, but it does not give you any rollback capabilities on the set of tables. You have to design another job to "undo" committed transactions on the other tables.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.