Rows Getting Rejected in transformer

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

mac4rfree85
Participant

Rows Getting Rejected in transformer

Post by mac4rfree85 »

Hi guys,

My job is a simple job with a Source(Oracle DB) , a transformer and Target(oracle Db).

From source, i am getting 2 columns. In transformer, i will pass only one column(col1) and in constraint i am giving the IsNull(Col2).

The Col1 is Varchar(15) both in source and target. But for some reason, all the rows are gettting rejected.

Can somebody help me to understand as why all the rows are getting rejected. (For debug purpose, i added a seq file as a reject file).

Cheers!!!!!
Mac4rfree
arvind_ds
Participant

Post by arvind_ds »

Why are you using IsNull(Col2) in constraints in Transformer stage.? What is your requirement?
Arvind
udayk_2007
Participant

Post by udayk_2007 »

IsNull function returns true when a expression evaluates to Null. It may be the case that all the values in col2 are not null which is causing this condition to be false for all the rows.
Did you tried using IsNotNull. Not Sure if that will solve the problem but you can give it a try.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Define for us what "rejected" means here. Are they not going down your link because the constraint is false or is Oracle rejecting them?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers