Hashed file problem

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

rsunny
Participant

Hashed file problem

Post by rsunny »

Hi All,

I created a small sequence which includes two jobs and depending on the status of 1st job i need to load the data from the 2nd job. Everything is fine but the problem is when i run the sequence its working fine . so if the 1st job aborts , i need to run the load the data from the 2nd job which is 1 st job is aborted , i am using one of the hashed file in the 1st job as the input to the second job , but the problem is when i abort the 1st job and run the seqnece , all the columns in the hashed file is loaded as Null , but when i run the 1st job alone by aborting and when i view the data , i can able to view the previous runs data , but if i abort the job and run it in a sequence ,all the data in the hashed file is null.
Can anyone suggest why am i causing the error and because of that problem my second job is also aborted as i am using a small routine where i get the values from the hashed file.

Please let me know if you didnt understand the scenario

Any help is really appreciated

Thanks in advance
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Re: Hashed file problem

Post by chulett »

rsunny wrote:Please let me know if you didnt understand the scenario
[raises hand]
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Only you can diagnose this. For example, at what point does the first job abort, and does it have clear/delete hashed file within it? Is it really NULL or is it "" that is being returned?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.