Problem writing multiple columns to MQ Connector in DS 8.5

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

MT
Premium Member
Premium Member

Problem writing multiple columns to MQ Connector in DS 8.5

Post by MT »

Hi,

we are migrating from DS 7.5.3 to 8.5 and trying to replace the MQ stage with the new MQ Connector.
We have defined the connection properties and successfully tested the connection. Writing to the queue works for a single column.
When we change the column definitions to more than one column we get following error message:

Code: Select all

Schema reconciliation failed: Connector provided different number of columns than provided in job design
Any ideas or solutions for this problem would be appreciated...

Many thanks in advance
regards

Michael
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

The connector checks your design metadata with what's really out there. If there's a difference, you get this failure. You need to make sure that the metadata accurately represent the structure of the data.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
MT
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by MT »

Hi Ray,

well that is what I have read from the books as well but my job design is really simple:

Code: Select all

File --- TX --- MQ Connector
I do not understand where I can get any differences between my design and what you say "is out there". If I pass two columns through the transfomer how should there be a mismatch?

Thanks in advance
regards

Michael
samyamkrishna
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by samyamkrishna »

It might be because of RCP. check if RCP is disabled.
MT
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by MT »

Hi samyamkrishna

good idea but it is a Server job...
regards

Michael
MT
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by MT »

Hi

can anyone proof that it is possible to write multiple columns to the MQ Connector in DataStage 8.5?

There is a strange sentence in the Information Center documentation:
Message payload
Contains the message data in text or binary format. Message data can be structured or unstructured. However, the connector always treats message payload as a single unstructured data value. This means that no more than one text or binary column can be defined on the link to represent message payload data.
I can not believe they allow only one column as message for the MQ stage when we could multiple columns back in DS 7.5 with the MQ stage there...

Thanks in advance
regards

Michael
eostic
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by eostic »

I seem to recall finding this also, as a difference between the Stage and the Connector. I typically find myself dealing with xml payloads, so it doesn't matter, because it's always just one column.

Concatenate them beforehand, or I think you could use a Column Import and get them all into one also.

...or stick with the Stage, unless you need some of the other more complex capabilities of the Connector.

Ernie
Ernie Ostic

blogit!
<a href="https://dsrealtime.wordpress.com/2015/0 ... ere/">Open IGC is Here!</a>
MT
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by MT »

Hi Ernie,

eostic wrote:I seem to recall finding this also, as a difference between the Stage and the Connector.
Ernie
so you can confirm this.
Do they call this a concept/architecture?
That is really strange!

I indeed need the additional functionality of the connector...

thanks so far
regards

Michael
eostic
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by eostic »

Confirmed. The doc is correct.

Ernie
Ernie Ostic

blogit!
<a href="https://dsrealtime.wordpress.com/2015/0 ... ere/">Open IGC is Here!</a>
MT
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by MT »

eostic wrote:Confirmed. The doc is correct.

Ernie
Hi Ernie,

thanks a lot - but what a pitty - unbelieveable...
regards

Michael