Hashed-file issue with read/write access

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

csc.datastage
Premium Member
Premium Member

Hashed-file issue with read/write access

Post by csc.datastage »

Hello All,

I am getting some strange issue with hashed-files read/write access between two users where the same hashed-fie setting properties have given in atleast 100 hashed-files but getting "rw" error for only in 3 hashed-files. I got confirmed from my LINUX admin team about umask details and bash, ksh details for those users in PROD but everything is setting up same and the grant permissions in LINUX are correct. But still getting "rw" access issue is same like one user creates the hashed-file (directory) from DS server job where as another user could not able to run the same DS server job in next time and it is giving error as "unable to delete file". Because the file has created by user1 where the user2 could not able to delete the hashed-file in next run and re-create the same or the above process is vice versa like user2 creates the hashed-file where user1 getting the above error while in next run.

I've approached to suggest my LINUX admin team to give a common user in PROD to run DS processes but in meanwhile would have to find out any other solution from DataStage other than common user. Please give your inputs or suggest me that anything that I need to check other than umask/ksh/bash in LINUX.
Focus on ABC: Audit , Balance and Control..
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

A common group is probably a better solution, and making sure that the umask for all users is set to 002.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
csc.datastage
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by csc.datastage »

Mr. Ray! Thanks for your prompt resond but the both users umask set as 002. Still the issue is persisting. Is there any solution that I need to check from DataStage side otherthan a common user?
Focus on ABC: Audit , Balance and Control..
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

You did note that Ray said common group, not common user yes? If you can't go the common user route then your second best approach is the common group, ensuring that everyone running DataStage jobs has that same group as their primary group. Between that and the umask you should be fine.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

This FAQ post should help illustrate what we're talking about:

viewtopic.php?t=107844
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers