server routine : information regarding $include files

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

sur_ds
Participant

server routine : information regarding $include files

Post by sur_ds »

Hi,
I am new to datastage and presently working on an analysis assignment involving datastage server edition. While going through one of the routines , I have come across the following 2 $include statements :

$INCLUDE DSU_BP fkey_const.h ; * Constants stored in a common area
$INCLUDE DSU_BP fkey.h ; * Common/shared fkey functionality

Is there any way by which I can view the contents of the included files to understand the functionality of the various sub programs there inside the included files.

If yes, please tell me about the process.
major
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by major »

I guess you cannot view the contents of those files.
Even if you view you can find a large C programs handling various functionalities..

My suggestion is to forget about the content of those files as it has nothing to do with your job design, let DataStage take care of it
sur_ds
Participant

Post by sur_ds »

Fine, if this is true , then down the lines i have the following code in the routine :

GoSub FkeyWriteError

Does this indicate that this sub routine has been declared in the included C programs as I have done a rigorous search in Manager and unable to find any transform or routine with the name "FkeyWriteError
"

Thanks in advance
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

These header files are in a sub-directory called DSU_BP in the project directory on the server (engine). They are not header files supplied with DataStage but, presumably, were written in-house or by a contractor. Since they are text files you can read them with any text editor. With a product like UltraEdit you can even read them from a Windows environment.

Usually, header files of this kind include only definitions of constants - in this case definitions of the escape sequences returned by function keys would be my guess.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.