Job LogFile

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

madhuker
Participant

Job LogFile

Post by madhuker »

Hi,

Is there any way to extract Job Logfile from Datastage Director into a flatfile directly.

Thanks in Advance.
Thanks & Regards
Madhuker
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Yes. The easiest would be a DataStage job. Other methods use queries against the database capturing the output into a file using COMO, DIVERT.OUT or simple redirection.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
madhuker
Participant

Post by madhuker »

Hi Ray,

Can you please explain me in brief, how to capture job logs into a flatfile through job. As i dont see any stage that captures logfile in server edition like in Parallel edition. Also i dont find any functions so called COMO & DIVERT.OUT in server edition can you please help me how to use them.

Thanks in Advance.
Thanks & Regards
Madhuker
major
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by major »

Check if the below link helps

viewtopic.php?t=98926
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

In server edition you can use Hashed File stage or UniVerse stage. The tricky part - discussed in the documents referred to - is determining the job number and therefore the hashed file name RT_LOGnnn.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
madhuker
Participant

Post by madhuker »

Hi Major,

Thanks a lot. Link provided by you helped me to know how to extract Logfile from DataStage Director into FlatFile.
Thanks & Regards
Madhuker
PaulVL
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by PaulVL »

I'm an admin in our environment, we've informed our customers that they should automatically extract their job logs via "dsjob -logdetails..." command and archive them outside of the DataStage server (as we protect our production environment quite a bit). They FTP the log to a file server under their control.

For late night log sending, we just open it in director and print to file, then email it out.