Unicode 0x0

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

ds_infy
Premium Member
Premium Member

Unicode 0x0

Post by ds_infy »

Hello,

We got a job with three stages.

MQ -> XML input Stage -> Sequential file

We are trying to process a file of size 27MB.

Error: srcCBXCurrRatesWeekly_ESBEx..XI_CurrExRateWAREBO: Xalan fatal error (publicId: , systemId: , line: 1, column: 10000000): Invalid character (Unicode: 0x0)

I tried to check this out special charcters in intelligent editor. But I didnt find any special invaild characters using tool. Column size given 9999999. Is this the reason of failure? If that is the case, what could be real solution for this type of large XMLs?

Thanks.. Kamal
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

The best solution is to upgrade to version 8.5, where there's a totally re-architected XML Transformer stage (in the parallel canvas).

Otherwise track down a copy of XML Best Practices. (Search DSXchange to find one.)
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
ds_infy
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by ds_infy »

ray.wurlod wrote:The best solution is to upgrade to version 8.5, where there's a totally re-architected XML Transformer stage (in the parallel canvas).

Otherwise track down a copy of XML Best Practices. (Search DSXchange to find one.)
It's the issue of length specified for the column was shorter then incoming message length. I have increased to 10 folds by looking at the XML length in editor. Now datastage is able to handle it.

I just wonder about the error message given by Datastage which says about special unicode character where as issue was with attribute length.

Thanks.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

The final byte may have been interpreted as the first byte of a truncated multi-byte character.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.