DB2 Error occurred during link open processing

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

dsguyok
Premium Member
Premium Member

DB2 Error occurred during link open processing

Post by dsguyok »

A job which reads from a DB2 table fails in one environment while the same job succeeds in another environment.

The error in Director:

Code: Select all

DsStag3TransactionHistoryImage05..db2_service_action: Error occurred during link open processing.
DsStag3TransactionHistoryImage05..db2_service_action.DSLink1: DSP.Open GCI $DSP.Open error -100.
"View data" in the DB2 stage also fails with that error.

Strangely, other jobs which read other tables from that same database in that environment don't have the same problem, they work fine. We've tried dropping and recreating the problem table but this doesn't effect the error.

Also we've tried logging into Toad and performing the same database operation on the table with the same credentials that Datastage uses. There is no problem when doing this.

Appreciate any thoughts.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Possibly that the user name, password or schema is wrong in that particular stage.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
dsguyok
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by dsguyok »

Thanks, the credentials are all correct.

The problem seems to be that one of the fields being queried is a CLOB.

When I remove that field from the SQL query, there is no error.

So since there is different behaviour across environments, maybe the DB2 interface is configured incorrectly in one ...

where can i check this?
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

DataStage does not support CLOB. Perhaps the "working" environment is effecting a CAST to Long VarChar?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
dsguyok
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by dsguyok »

yes, we are using LongVarChar in Datastage in the working env and the problem env.

The CLOB size in DB2 is 4194304

Surely it's some config setting that is different across our environments? I'm guessing something related to the DB2 interface ... what are the relevant config files?