Records missing in the sequential file

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

kamesh
Participant

Records missing in the sequential file

Post by kamesh »

Hello Everyone,

I am trying to write two sets of data containg 5 records each to the same sequential file in an APPEND mode after the tranformations in a parallel job. But, my sequential file contains only 5 records after the job runs even though log shows that 5 records are consumed by each of the seq file stages. I also tried changing the job to run in single node configuration and changed all the stages execution mode to sequential without any success.
As far as I can understand this may be due to write lock of the sequential file which gets released only on completion of the job.

Please note that this scenario work perfectly in a server job when we use hashed file stage.

Code: Select all

Row generator -> Transformer -> Transformer 
                        |             |
                        v             v
                     Seq File     Seq File
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Moderator: please move to Enterprise Edition (parallel) forum

Once it's there we will provide an answer. Meanwhile do some research on the restrictions of writing to Sequential files from DataStage and how parallel jobs are executed (particularly contrasted to server jobs).
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
kamesh
Participant

Post by kamesh »

Sorry Ray, I just moved it to Parallel forum.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

No, you reposted it, I on the other hand would have moved it for you. Being a Moderator and all. However, I do have this silly habit of sleeping for a couple of hours at night. :wink:
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers