Datastage Server 8.1 with parallel processing

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

ArunatDS
Participant

Datastage Server 8.1 with parallel processing

Post by ArunatDS »

Hi All,

I have Datastage Server Installed in my machine with the default License key( it supports only server jobs). Anyone please tell me the process to get parallel processing license key

Thnaks in advance
Etler21
Participant

Post by Etler21 »

Run this -

*****This comment information has been removed by the Editor*****

Change the crediential as per your environment..
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

This also involves payment to IBM as a prerequisite. :wink:
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Default license includes parallel jobs, indeed it includes everything. The LicensingServiceAdmin.sh script, which installs with Fix Pack 1, is how you remove from your license any component to which you're not entitled. IBM trusts you to do the right thing. When IBM audits you, which your license agreement permits, you will be billed for what's actually licensed on the system at that time.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
rameshrr3
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by rameshrr3 »

When IBM audits you, which your license agreement permits, you will be billed for what's actually licensed on the system at that time
I presume there would also be interest levied on the difference of licensing fees if they saw the other components were being used also- from the date of purchase till the date of audit - OR IBM would seize all data processed and loaded to any target connected to the DS Server .. And I would love to hear if a bank violated its licensing terms in such a fashion :)
vmcburney
Participant

Post by vmcburney »

It's worse than that. You get charged the full list price of the extra products you installed and maintenance gets charged and back dated. So you end up paying a lot more for the software than if you had bought it under a normal discount price agreement. It's better to have an IBM partner come in and check your entitlements and environments for non-compliance (disclaimer: I work for www.focus.co and we sell IBM InfoSphere products and do this type of work). In version 8.5 it is easy to pick and choose products during the installation to make sure you install the right ones. It is possible to accidentally install something where you didn't know it had a separate license such as Metadata Workbench or the SAS stage.