function 'utf_to_row()' failed

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

deva
Participant

function 'utf_to_row()' failed

Post by deva »

Hi I am using ftp stage and loading the data into seq file. The same configuration is working for the other jobs. But for this job it is not working I am getting the following errors.

Test_sample..Transformer_12: Internal error: function 'utf_to_row()' failed

Test_sample..Transformer_12: Function, convertRBufToUTF() error: Unable to map data to internal character set.(cntr>5).

If I change the language to uft-8 job is not aborting but I am getting the following message and data is not join with reference ( we have valid data in reference table.)

nls_map_buffer_out() - NLS mapping error, row 163 (approx), row = ""87198520"|"TRANSMISSIONES PARA

"|"TRANSMISIONES Y EQUIPOS MEC?NI"|"SA DE CV / AV. 5 DE FEBRERO 21"|"FRACC. INDUSTRIAL BENITO JUARE"|"SANTIAGO

DE QRO, QRO, MEXICO 7"|"PEDRO ESCOBEDO,QRO "|" "|"76700 "|"03170"|"

I am using datastage 8.1 and server is on windows 2003.

I try to find all solutions from dsxchange but I didn't get any solution. In IBM site it saying we need to install patch. I don't thing so. Because of same configuration is working for different job. And I have delete the original job and recreated but no use.

Can some one help me on this issue? is this error because of data or problem with stage or language settings? We are using ms1252 language.
deva
Participant

Re: function 'utf_to_row()' failed

Post by deva »

Hi,
Can any one please help me on this. I didn't get any solution as of now.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Why not make sure you are current on patches, get that possibility off the table? IBM will want you to have done that first before you go to them for any help.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

find out what the numeric value of the ? character is in your source string "TRANSMISIONES Y EQUIPOS MEC?NI"using the source system mapping (it won't be MS1252 if it isn't on a windows system). Then, using google or search engine of your choice, find out if that character can be mapped to MS1252 - my guess is that the character cannot be mapped and that is why you are receiving this value.
deva
Participant

Post by deva »

All columns are the varchar data type. And the DS server is on windows. As I said I don't know if the language is UFT-8 getting success but data is not matching.