Running state

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

rsunny
Participant

Running state

Post by rsunny »

Hi everyone,

I performed a job with some transformations and some stages.when i compile and run the job ,its in running state showing all yellow and blue lines.It is in the running state only not getting the result, so finally i aborted and ran the job again but still the same process i.e. in running state only.when i try to run a different job its working fine but having this issue only with this job.can anyone tell me what might be the issue?

thanks in advance
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

Could you narrow down the "some transformations and some stages" part, since that is most likely where your error is happening.
Make a copy of your job with just the input stages and put in dummy output stages (sequential files going to "/dev/null") and see if the job hangs. If not, the problem is in your output stage(s).
rsunny
Participant

Post by rsunny »

Hi ,

i tried to make a copy of it and used output as a sequential files and also reduced my transformations and stages but still facing the same problem.Well it did work me 2 days back but today i tried to execute the same job its in running state only.

thanks in advance
rsunny
Participant

Post by rsunny »

Hi everyone,

when i tried to rebuild the same job again reducing some stages and used outputs as sequential files it is working but when i tried to use database as output its not working, i mean its in running state.can any one tell what might be the issue.

thanks in advance
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Obviously the database.

Unless you can be more exact than "not working" we cannot help further.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
rsunny
Participant

Post by rsunny »

Hi everyone,

when i try to create a copy of job and change some stages and run the job, it hangs up.when i try to run the original job by which i made a copy ,it is also hanging up.can any one tell me what might be the issue with this?
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

As noted - the database. Have your DBA monitor things for you.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
rsunny
Participant

Post by rsunny »

Hi ,

My DBA havent monitored .So do i need to contact my DBA regarding this issue.

thanks in advance
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

The problem is definitely in the database. Whether or not you involve your DBA depends entirely on how important solving the problem is to you.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
Pacific007
Participant

Post by Pacific007 »

ray.wurlod wrote:The problem is definitely in the database. Whether or not you involve your DBA depends entirely on how important solving the problem is to you. ...
Correct...as metioned in his earlier post that he forcibly stopped his job...sometimes when you forcibly stop tour job...your target table in database get locked or it will show used by another user....so ask your DBA the state of your target table....or just for check creat a copy of your job and replace orignal target table with a test target table...if it works ...you need to contact your DBA or wait for the default time of unlocking the tables as set by your DBA.
Pacific