xmeta size abruptly increases in production

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

venky144
Participant

xmeta size abruptly increases in production

Post by venky144 »

We have the latest version of datastage 8.1 in our production server,
the size of the xmeta increased to 50gb currently as our project went live from jan1st, 2010...can anyone help me on this????
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Have your DBA track down the large objects in the database, I would suspect they'll be job log related. Are they being purged on a regular basis?

Edited to add: Found you posted here as well so it seems that may indeed be the case.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
venky144
Participant

Post by venky144 »

actually we purged the logs recently and scheduled to purge on a daily basis, which we didnt do it before...but after RTlogging was changed to pre 8.1 loggin and also after clearing the logs upto 50% or so, the size of xmeta doesnt decrease...and we also tried to shrink the xmeta tableas well as DB, but no use although....
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Have you confirmed what in fact is taking the majority of space in the database? Is it still the log tables? Also sounds like you may want to involve your official support provider if your DBA needs some help identifying tables and recovering space in the database.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
venky144
Participant

Post by venky144 »

We found that this particular table in xmeta LOGGING_XMETAGEN_LOGGINGEVENT1466CB5F
has around 2.6 million rows...we are deleting all the records having category IIS-DSTAGE-RUN which are the logs stored in the database...i think our problem would be solved....we confirmed from the IBM tech support regarding this issue to be solved...
thanks chulett for advising....