getting ds_loadlibrary: Win32 error in LoadLibrary of sybase

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

kirankota79
Premium Member
Premium Member

getting ds_loadlibrary: Win32 error in LoadLibrary of sybase

Post by kirankota79 »

Can someone please let me know the reason i am getting this error? I am very new sybase. I have sybase clinet on the server and able to connect the sybase database using SYBASE CENTRAL. I checked the paths and seems to be OK.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Did you check the paths for the user whose ID is used to run the jobs?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
kirankota79
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by kirankota79 »

ray.wurlod wrote:Did you check the paths for the user whose ID is used to run the jobs? ...
Ray, I checked the path, lib and all SYBASE variables, it seems everything fine and i dont know where is the problem is. Can you please be more specific which path you are saying?
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Could you post the actual full unedited error from your log, please?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
kirankota79
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by kirankota79 »

[quote="chulett"]Could you post the actual full unedited error from your log, please? ...[/
ds_loadlibrary: Win32 error in LoadLibrary of sybaseoc.dll - The specified module could not be found.
Last edited by kirankota79 on Fri Aug 20, 2010 6:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Just asked for the actual error, not the whole dang log. :wink:

ds_loadlibrary: Win32 error in LoadLibrary of sybaseoc.dll - The specified module could not be found.

So, where exactly does this dll live on your server?
-craig

kirankota79
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by kirankota79 »

chulett wrote: ds_loadlibrary: Win32 error in LoadLibrary of sybaseoc.dll - The specified module could not be found.

So, where exactly does this dll live on your server?
Craig, sybaseoc.dll is in the folder D:\Ascential\DataStage\Engine\bin. But i also copied it to other sybase dll folders referred in the environment variables like D:\sybase\DataAccess\OLEDB\dll, D:\sybase\DataAccess\ODBC\dll to see if that helps, but still i was getting the same error.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

I don't believe you can simply move dll files around on Windows, as far as I know they need to be 'registered' in a specific location to work properly. I don't know what environment variable on a Windows server would control access to that plus it seems odd to me that you found it in the Engine's bin directory rather than any of the Sybase ones. :?

Hopefully someone who has dealt with this before on Windows will come along and help, my small amount of Sybase experience was years ago and on UNIX, I'm afraid.
-craig

arunpramanik
Participant

Post by arunpramanik »

Very recently we installed DS on Windows, (although we have sybase client installed in DS server), and I am quite sure that we did not have to register specific dll, as what is being mentioned.

Is the installation is made recently? Was the server restarted after installation?
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Never said you had to register anything manually, that's all automatic - I specifically said that (AFAIK) you cannot simply move Dynamic Link Library (ddl) files around wherever you like due to the fact that they are registered in a specific location.
-craig

kirankota79
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by kirankota79 »

arunpramanik wrote:Very recently we installed DS on Windows, (although we have sybase client installed in DS server), and I am quite sure that we did not have to register specific dll, as what is being mentioned.

Is the installation is made recently? Was the server restarted after installation?
The installation was made some months back. But ihave restarted the server yesterday, but no use. Can you please suggest ?
kirankota79
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by kirankota79 »

chulett wrote:I don't believe you can simply move dll files around on Windows, as far as I know they need to be 'registered' in a specific location to work properly. I don't know what environment variable on a Wind ...
Craig, but the main location is not changed which is D:\Ascential\DataStage\Engine\bin and also in the path. This should be the registered one rite, for any datastage installation?
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

No clue, not having worked with DataStage on Windows. What does your official support provider have to say on the subject?
-craig

kirankota79
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by kirankota79 »

Any Windows users who faced this situation before?
arunpramanik
Participant

Post by arunpramanik »

Please check with support if Sybase client installtion is needed.
My suggestion is to install Sybase Client in DS server.