APT_DEFAULT_TRANSPORT_BLOCK_SIZE

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

muralidwhds
Participant

APT_DEFAULT_TRANSPORT_BLOCK_SIZE

Post by muralidwhds »

Hi,

i am not able to see the APT_DEFAULT_TRANSPORT_BLOCK_SIZE environment variable in Administrator.

can you please suggest to me where we can see the environment variable other than Administratotor in Server Edition 8.0.1
MALLI MURALI
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

That environment variable is only valid on the 'Enterprise' side, i.e. for a Parallel rather than a Server job. Regardless, all such would be done via the Administrator.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
muralidwhds
Participant

Post by muralidwhds »

i am using the Server Edition Only...

Regards,
Malli Murali
MALLI MURALI
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

We gathered that... as noted, setting it will thus change nothing in your environment. What problem are you trying to solve?
-craig

muralidwhds
Participant

Post by muralidwhds »

While inserting the same varible in Administrator it showing message variable already exists.

can you please give me an idea where we can edit the user defined environment varaibles other than administrator.
MALLI MURALI
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

So, edit it rather than try to insert it.

Again, what problem are you trying to solve? I'm afraid you are wasting your time going down this path. :?
-craig

muralidwhds
Participant

Post by muralidwhds »

Here my job has reading the Sybase database using Sybase stage then referencing AS400 Db using ODBC stage then using transfermer then loads into the files.

Here it showing the below warining message:

"Abnormal termination of stage JOBNAME..XXXX.IDENT1 detected"

can u give me an idea how to overcome this warning!!!
MALLI MURALI
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

Reset your job in the director and then post the new message "From previous run..." to this thread.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Why didn't u start there!!! Always best to lead with your actual problem rather than with issues from your perceived solution.
-craig

muralidwhds
Participant

Post by muralidwhds »

From previous run
DataStage Job 233 Phantom 8518
DataStage Phantom Finished.

From previous run
DataStage Job 233 Phantom 4216
Abnormal termination of DataStage.
Fault type is 11. Layer type is BASIC run machine.
Fault occurred in BASIC program DSP.Open at address 574.

ArndW wrote:Reset your job in the director and then post the new message "From previous run..." to this thread. ...
MALLI MURALI
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Ah... the dreaded SIGBUS error, not a fun one to track down. First suggestion would be to do an exact search here for "Fault type is 11. Layer type is BASIC run machine." and see if anything there helps.

In all honesty, you'll probably need to engage your official support provider on this one. I've seen this typically be a client software issue solved by upgrading to a more recent version of the database client, but that was also typically for Oracle rather than Sybase or DB2.
-craig

muralidwhds
Participant

Post by muralidwhds »

i have one quick question i set up APT_AUTO_TRANSPORT_BLOCK_SIZE as 1 in Administrator previously to solve the db2 load issue.

yseterday i removed the above variable one of another isnvestigation then again i try to set the same above variable but i can't.

why am not able to inserting the same variable again!!!

it showing message already exists. here how can i insert this varaible?
currently am using Server Edition 8.0.1.
MALLI MURALI
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

What do you mean by "can't" in your post? If you removed it you can add it again via the administrator, but only in the user section.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Well, if you are trying to add something and it tells you it already exists then it already exists and you'll need to find out where it is and perhaps edit the default value. Unfortunately, I don't have any access to tell you what 'branch' it is under but it sure sounds like it must be out there somewhere.

If you can't find it then perhaps this is another quirk of the 8.0.x release and you might want to contact your official support provider and see if they can help you out. Perhaps a patch, perhaps another set of eyes...
-craig

muralidwhds
Participant

Post by muralidwhds »

But i am not able to add it again via the administrator it showing message already exists.

In Administrator no variable in userdefined.

where can i see the above environment variable othere than administrator and how can insert?
ArndW wrote:What do you mean by "can't" in your post? If you removed it you can add it again via the administrator, but only in the user section. ...
MALLI MURALI