Is there any way to output as PDF file???

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

ICE
Participant

Is there any way to output as PDF file???

Post by ICE »

Dear All,

Is there any way to produce the output file as PDF file format??? Whenever I tried to output as PDF, there is no error in Datastage but I cannot open that file as PDF later.
Is there any idea please???

Thank you,
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

How are you trying to "output to PDF" now? There's way more to it than simply using an extension of ".pdf" by the way, if that is what you are doing. :?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
ICE
Participant

Post by ICE »

Really? May I know what are the other ways to output as PDF file???
Now I am tring to output using ".PDF" and there is no error in Datastage job but it is not recognised as PDF file in the other hand :(

Thank you so much for your time,
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

All you are getting is a text file with a ".pdf" extension, which of course won't work unless you force it to open with something like Notepad or Word. Sounds like you should take a crash course in file extensions and what they do (and do not) control on a Windows system.

Typically, one would use a piece of "pdf writer" software to create the actual pdf file from the "text" file you would create in a program like DataStage or Word. They are typically exposed as a "printer" device - you print your document to it and the output (rather than going to an actual printer printer) would create a pdf file instead. A quick google for "pdf write" should help get you started.

I'm sure other options exist but that's how I've done it in the past. That or print the file, drop it onto my scanner and have it output the result to a pdf. :wink:
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
ICE
Participant

Post by ICE »

Hi Craig,

Ok. I will try it and will let you know then :-)

Thank you so much for your time.
Sainath.Srinivasan
Participant

Post by Sainath.Srinivasan »

The very fact that you want to output in PDF format makes me think it is a reporting requirement.

If so, use tools such as BO to achieve your expected output.