Driver error

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

arnie_nits
Participant

Driver error

Post by arnie_nits »

Hi,

I am getting this error:
[DataStage][SQL Client][ODBC][DataDirect][ODBC SQL Server Driver]The DataDirect ODBC driver you are attempting to access has been provided to you by IBM Corporation for exclusive use with IBM Information Server. You are not licensed to use this driver with any application other than IBM Information Server. If you would like to purchase a driver for some other use, please call 800-876-3101 or visit DataDirect at www.datadirect.com

Could any one suggest how to resolve this.

Regards,
Arnie
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

And... you get this where? when? doing what? :?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
arnie_nits
Participant

Post by arnie_nits »

I got while doing a simple insert into a table....

regards,
Arnie
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Not much detail. :?

Try an exact search for "The DataDirect ODBC driver you are attempting to access" and see if any of the other posts that mention that error help, you are having some kind of "licensing" issue, it would seem.
-craig

arnie_nits
Participant

Post by arnie_nits »

I feel it is some connection problem.

When I try with ODBC(target) stage I can view data with condition: insert row without clearing.
but with condition:user-defined sql, the view data tab gets disabled.

And with DRS stage, when I do view data it says: DSP.Open GCI $DSP.Open error-100

Have u ever faced similar error before. Please help.

Regards,
Arnie.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Your user-define sql may be invalid for operation in the stage - can you post it? And explain what it is meant to do?
-craig

arnie_nits
Participant

Post by arnie_nits »

SET IDENTITY_INSERT User ON;

INSERT INTO User(UserId, UserName, UserAccessType, UserRoleId) VALUES (?,?,?,?);

SET IDENTITY_INSERT User OFF;
arnie_nits
Participant

Post by arnie_nits »

well I almost went through whole dsxchange...got a similar kind of problem...in viewtopic.php?t=91340&highlight=

I have a longvarchar field len 2147483647. I changed this to longvarchar 2000 and then when I tried to view data it says:
[DataDirect][ODBC SQL Server Driver]COUNT field incorrect....
DSP.Open GCI $DSP.Open error -100

Please throw some light.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Your "SET" lines need to be in the before- and after-sql areas, respectively. You want them run once per session, not once per row. :wink:
-craig

arnie_nits
Participant

Post by arnie_nits »

but do I have that option in ODBC stage.??
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

You tell me, I have no DS access at the moment. If you don't see it in the ODBC stage then use the DRS stage instead.
-craig

arnie_nits
Participant

Post by arnie_nits »

no there isn't so I am using DRS....and it is partly working....
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

If you want more help, you'd have to explain what you tried and what "partly working" means.
-craig

arnie_nits
Participant

Post by arnie_nits »

ok here is the scenario that confuses me ....

In my job I am reading from a file and looking up with target table to get the max of sequence no and generation max+1 and then loading in the same target. That job was running well untill yesterday(now not running).
for testing purpose I broke the job in 2 parts. 1st part loads a flat file with new seqnuence numbers. and then 2nd job loads from thal file to the target.Even then it was not working and throwing driver,connection error etc as I have already mentions.Then I noticed that I am unable to even do view data in that target db.

I had a longvarchar column of len 2147483647 which I changed to len 20000 and then I was able to do view data....and job is also running fine. But now when I apply all this in that single job, it is again not working...the job just keeps on running for ever....when i abort the job,it says:[DataDirect][ODBC SQL Server Driver][libssclient22]ConnectionWrite (send()).
General network error. Check your network documentation.

Regards,
Arnie.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

In all honesty, Arnie, I'm a wee bit confused as well. We started off talking about using an IDENTITY column and now you are generating the sequence numbers yourself rather than letting the database do it for you? Is there any particular reason for that change?

I'm also unclear how you implemented the "max+1" logic. Did you do a single select to get the max value, say from outside your main job and then passed that into the job that needed it? That would work if you added @OUTROWNUM to the value for each row. However, it almost sounds like your lookup is in the main job and thus you are looking up the max value on each row, which means you'd need to use a transaction size of 1 so the lookup could 'keep up' in a manner of speaking. :?

When did the initial error come into the picture, before or after you "broke the job in 2 parts"? And why the Longvarchar? What actual data type in your target are you loading as a Longvarchar? What array size have you been using for that?
-craig