Store the Data from Oracle to XML output file

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

nandela.sudheer
Participant

Store the Data from Oracle to XML output file

Post by nandela.sudheer »

i want to store the data from Oracle to XML output file.
i am using Oracle stage-------->XML Output file. at tht time i got one below error message .

error message:
XML_Output_0: Derivation rule "<none>" is invalid. Message = "Unexpected token!
expression = '<none>'
Remaining tokens: ('<' 'none' '>')"
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Stick a transformer between those two stages and then let us know how much XML experience you have. Do you have an xsd for the target file?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
nandela.sudheer
Participant

i used transformer stage in between those two stages,again i got the same wornings and file also not created in the server,i don't have experience in the XML and i don't have the XSD traget file
eostic
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by eostic »

You need to spend some time researching xml and this forum. Also read the documentation on the xml stages.

You will need to know what the xml target you want "looks like" and then import that metadata (or type it in, once you learn how that works).

Find also the xml best practices (tons of threads in this forum about it and where to get it)...it's a bit advanced for what you are doing right now, but will become a valuable tool as you move forward.

Ernie
Ernie Ostic

blogit!
<a href="https://dsrealtime.wordpress.com/2015/0 ... ere/">Open IGC is Here!</a>
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Do you work with someone who can help you with the XML specific bits? What have you been given that defines what the output XML needs to look like? Anything? :?

ps. The transformer wasn't meant to fix anything, it is just a Best Practice to use an active stage between two passive ones, not to mention the fact that it gives you a chance to do something to the data passing through if you need to.
-craig

nandela.sudheer
Participant

file was not created

job completed successfully but at that time file was not created in the server
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

And now, are you getting what you need? Care to share your "workaround"?
-craig

nandela.sudheer
Participant

file was not created in the server

i am loading the from Oracle to XML file,i am using Oracle stage ----->XML output file.job was finished successfully,file was not creatted in the Server.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

So... did you read Ernie's post and follow any of his advice? There's a lot to learn to do XML successfully and it's not something we can teach anyone in a post or two here. You need to put some effort in on your part and then we can help when you have specific questions or there are problems with the fiddley bits.

If the job runs but there's no output, that means issues with your XPath Expressions. That's what having an xsd would get you - the proper metadata that the stage needs to produce the proper output.
-craig