Integer to Double

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

major
Premium Member
Premium Member

Integer to Double

Post by major »

Dear all,

Is there any function in Data stage which will convert the integer data type to double data type.
I am loading data to a sequential file from a set of input Hashed files , the data type in input hashed files is int , i want that data in the output sequential file to be double data type.

Will sequential file differentiate int and double data types?

Please share your thoughts.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Server isn't strongly typed like PX so there isn't much in the way of conversion functions to be had - or needed. Never mind the fact that flat files have no data types, only 'character' fields when you get right down to it.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Server jobs don't really have data types at all, just three data classes - numeric, non-numeric (string) and null.

Numeric is quite flexible, and includes "scientific notation" e.g. 6.023E23 for exponents up to maybe 38. So even if your source number is too large to be an integer, a server job can still identify it as numeric.

The Num() function reports whether a string may be classed as numeric.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
major
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by major »

Thank you all