Future of DataStage Server Edition

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

nigel
Premium Member
Premium Member

Future of DataStage Server Edition

Post by nigel »

Hi

Does anyone know what the future roadmap is for DataStage server edition?

Several of my clients use bespoke infobasic in routines and job control code (including job control code that run PX jobs).
With the (not so) recent event of IBM offloading the U2 products to Rocket Software, I am a little concerned about the lifespan of these server routines and job control (batch) jobs.

Local IBM folk (South Africa) are unable to answer this question...

Any info will be much appreciated

Thanks

Nigel
Nigel
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

From the world-wide head of DataStage (Keith Kohl) at a recent IOD conference, server edition will be around as long as DataStage is around.

Although Keith did not say so, the main reason for this is the large number of server jobs out there, and the fact that sequences are in fact server jobs. So the mechanism for running them has to be preserved.

All that said, there won't be as much ongoing development of server jobs as there will be of parallel jobs.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.