connecting to database by NT Id

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Zafar
Participant

connecting to database by NT Id

Post by Zafar »

Hi All,
Below is the issue:

1) There is a database on SQL server which has access to windows NT id and not to DataStage admin id.
2) Created a DSN with DataStage admin id (as windows NT id does not have access to create DSN) on DataStage server to connect to the above database.
3) Created a simple job with ODBC stage as source and another ODBC as destination(some other database having all the access to all the id's).
3) If we run this job with above DSN in source with windows NT id (used to log in to DataStage) will it work?
4) If we run this job with above DSN in source with DataStage admin id will it work?
5) Is there some other way to fetch the data from above database without getting access to DataStage admin id?
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Re: connceting to database by NT Id

Post by chulett »

Zafar wrote:There is a database on SOL server
So... 'SOL server' should really have said 'SQL Server'? As in that is the 'database' you keep mentioning?

Ironical typo, btw.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
vivekgadwal
Premium Member
Premium Member

Re: connceting to database by NT Id

Post by vivekgadwal »

Zafar wrote: 3) IF we run this job with above DSN in source with windows NT id (used to log in to data stage) will it work?
4) IF we run this job with above DSN in source with data stage admin id will it work?
5) Is there some other way to fetch the data from above database without getting access to data stage admin id?
Well, did it work for you?

I ran into this issue and I couldn't make it run. I was on the clock at that moment...so I requested the DBA to give a generic account to log-in and get the work done. So, I am curious if you have got a work-around it!
Vivek Gadwal

Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted
Zafar
Participant

connceting to database by NT Id

Post by Zafar »

I am also doing the same thing...I asked for the permission on SQL server admin id .