DSD.UVOpen mkdbfile: cannot create file...

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

kris18
Charter Member
Charter Member

DSD.UVOpen mkdbfile: cannot create file...

Post by kris18 »

we are having an issue with creating hash files.The Jobs are finishing successfully and creating the hash file when ran with dsadm but throwing the DSD.UVOpen mkdbfile: cannot create file ...error when run with any other id's.
Also when run with other process id's apart from dsadm the Job successfully deletes the hash file (Delete hash file option is checked) but fails to create it...

I have checked the permission on all the directories and the process id for which the job is failing have access (all permissions)..

We also have the same issue with sending emails...Able to send emails from Jobs using dsadm but not with any other userids.
kris
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Check access to the project's VOC file. This needs to be writable if you are creating a hashed file using a UV stage or using a Hashed File stage and specifying "account" as the location.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
hdong
Participant

Re: DSD.UVOpen mkdbfile: cannot create file...

Post by hdong »

Kris18,

I have an exactly same error,

is your issue fixed, could you please share your solution with me.

Thanks.
Sainath.Srinivasan
Participant

Post by Sainath.Srinivasan »

Even if you get the exact issue, it will be useful to support with detailed information.

Did you try what Ray had suggested in his post ?

Did you check the permission of the space where you are creating your files ?