How can I backup DataStage jobs?

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

ntr
Participant

How can I backup DataStage jobs?

Post by ntr »

Hi friends please give me Suggestion

how can I back up the DataStage jobs?

thanks & regards
ntr

[** Note: Topic changed to be meaningful - Andy**]
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Please choose more meaningful subjects.

No-one searching in future for help on backing up will even bother to look at this thread.

My preferred method for backing up the design elements in a project is to take an export of the whole project, which ends up on my client machine, and allows easy partial restore.

If you have elements of the project external to the project directory, such as hashed files, descriptor files, scripts, and so on, then you need to make your own arrangements to back these up. A regular system backup is sufficient in these cases.

There are more tools available in version 8, but your question indicated version 7.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
kduke
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kduke »

Download DataStageBackup.bat from my tips page.
Mamu Kim
Vineet Pal Singh
Participant

Post by Vineet Pal Singh »

You can maintain a backup by exporting the Datastage jobs( Entire Project or Folder wise) in .DSX format through Datastage Manager. I hope it helps.
kduke
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kduke »

That is what the script does but it does a whole lot more. It creates a folder with YYYYMMDD. It then exports the jobs with the server and project as part of the name. If you schedule this on your client then it will run every night or week or whatever you want. The idea is to maybe backup DEV every night and TEST and PROD maybe weekly. Whatever you think your needs are.
Mamu Kim