problem with folder stage

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

kaushal.kumar@igate.com
Participant

problem with folder stage

Post by kaushal.kumar@igate.com »

i am using folder stage to read files from load directory. My files are fixed width length file.I am dfining column1 as file name and column 2nd as record( which suppose to contain records of file) .but in my job its taking only first rows of file.Please help me what i need to define so that it will take all rows of file.
gssr
Participant

Re: problem with folder stage

Post by gssr »

kaushal.kumar@igate.com wrote:i am using folder stage to read files from load directory. My files are fixed width length file.I am dfining column1 as file name and column 2nd as record( which suppose to contain records of file) .but in my job its taking only first rows of file.Please help me what i need to define so that it will take all rows of file.
Check the datatype and the LENGTH of the Column2.
RAJ
kaushal.kumar@igate.com
Participant

Post by kaushal.kumar@igate.com »

gssr wrote:
kaushal.kumar@igate.com wrote:i am using folder stage to read files from load directory. My files are fixed width length file.I am dfining column1 as file name and column 2nd as record( which suppose to contain records of file) .but in my job its taking only first rows of file.Please help me what i need to define so that it will take all rows of file.
Check the datatype and the LENGTH of the Column2.
datatype=longNvarchar
Length=999999.
Please advice how to solve this :?
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Use the Folder stage to read and process multiple XML files. For other types, it is a... less than optimal solution. What kind of 'loads' are you doing?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
Marley777
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by Marley777 »

Hi,
Would be nice if the folder stage was available for PX jobs. Is there a PX alternative to the folder stage? Trying to read all xml files from a given Unix directory.

Thanks.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

That would be the External Source Stage and a search for that phrase in the PX forum should reveal the information you are looking for.
-craig

eostic
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by eostic »

Ernie Ostic

blogit!
<a href="https://dsrealtime.wordpress.com/2015/0 ... ere/">Open IGC is Here!</a>
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Or that. :wink:
-craig

arunkumarmm
Participant

Post by arunkumarmm »

Are you looking at the ouput or You assume that folder stage reads only one row by the Link count? If later is the case, check your output. Folder stage will always have the link count as 1
Arun