Can't Delete project - DataStage Administrator

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

bmarko22
Participant

Can't Delete project - DataStage Administrator

Post by bmarko22 »

Folks,

I'm unable to delete some projects with the DataStage Administrator yet others deleted just fine. I get the following permissions error.

ACCESS DENIED: Cannot lock project. Could not get exclusive access to the project. Ensure no other DataStage users are attached

I checked the sessions and there are no active sessions out there. The permissions on the /opt/IBM/InformationServer/Server/Projects/<project_name> folder are rwxrwxr-x - 0775 on the AIX server. Has anyone run into this or have suggestions? Thanks everyone.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

How about inactive sessions? Have you tried to do this after bouncing the services?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
bmarko22
Participant

Post by bmarko22 »

Yes, they recycled the DS server and I tried the delete. We are going to reboot the machine this weekend if we can't figure it out. I used there god id , isadmin, dsadmin, etc. nothing worked.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

The access denied is probably in the XMETA database. Can you check whether there are any entries in the XMETA.XMETALOCKINFO table?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
nmed27
Participant

Post by nmed27 »

Having the same problem.

- No users are attached to the project.
- No entry in XMETALOCKINFO table.

Were you able to resolve this problem? Any suggestions?
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Welcome aboard.

All projects, or just one? Have you checked the local repository locks (the LIST.READU command)?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
bmarko22
Participant

Resolution

Post by bmarko22 »

We had a number of orphan processes so we killed them and rebooted and then were able to delete the project. We are going to add a term step in our jobs when errors are detected. Hope this keeps us from getting so many orphan processes.