New to datastage (Calling stored procedures)

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

datastageuser
Participant

New to datastage (Calling stored procedures)

Post by datastageuser »

Hi!,

I am new to datastage (just going through the tutorial and the datastage developer's help). I have been able to write some simple transfromation jobs and run them.

What I want to achive:
1)Get each record from an input file
2)Call an Oracle stored procedure which would take some fields from the record, do some processing and returns another record.
3) Save this record into a output file.

How would I be able to use the transformer stage (perhaps create a subroutine/function) to make the call to the stored procedure using one or more fields of the input file?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

E-mail This Thread To A Friend
kcbland
Participant

Post by kcbland »

From a purely academic exercise you would use an Oracle OCI lookup using a stored procedure SQL action. Your manual shows you how to do this and remain within the graphical metaphor without writing a subroutine/function (very poor design choice).
roy
Participant

Post by roy »

Hi,
If possible I would rather use DS for The Data Transformation which is the whole idea of using DS, unless the SPL has very complex logic which will take to long to implement in DS.
Good Luck,
Roy.