XMETA Password Expired in DB2 Respository

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

dadabhoy
Premium Member
Premium Member

XMETA Password Expired in DB2 Respository

Post by dadabhoy »

Have a problem with Websphere Application Server not starting, looked through the logs and found that it says the password has expired.

I am assuming that this is referring to the XMETA password. My repository is setup on standard install of a DB2 database. I still have access to the DB2 database using the db2admin user I set up when I did the install.

Can I run some sql on the XMETA database to a) reset the password b) to set an "infinite" length of time so it doesn't expire ?

OR is the solution to my problem something else ?
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

You should, as DBA user, be able to reset the password. Unfortunately I do not have the knowledge to supply you with the actual command. Can Google help if your DB2 DBA and official support provider cannot?

At the same time, change the XMETA password to "never expires".
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
dadabhoy
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by dadabhoy »

Found the syntax to change the password :

connect to <database> user <uid> using <password> new <newpassword> confirm <again newpw>
dadabhoy
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by dadabhoy »

Still trying to find out how to switch of password expiry
John Smith
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by John Smith »

The password expiry really depends on how you have setup security for your db2 users.For instance if db2 is using your local OS security then the password expiry is set/changed in say your Windows Administration.
That's how I understand it.