executing Mainframe shadow program from datastage

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

dineshrk
Participant

executing Mainframe shadow program from datastage

Post by dineshrk »

Hi,

Can you please guide us in handling to execute Mainframe shadow program using datastage.
As I have no idea in proceeding with mainfram integrated with datastage, Please let us know the procedure in what way we have to follow.

Thanks
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

I take it we're not talking about the Mainframe / 390 version of DataStage here, yes?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

There are several ways for doing this. Each site has different procedures and access rights - you would need to talk to your host administration team to find out which path they allow for remote job submission or scheduling.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Exactly. How would you do it if you took DataStage out of the picture? That's the same way you would have DataStage do it.
-craig

Sreenivasulu
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by Sreenivasulu »

I think it would be nearly impossible to execute a mainframe job from outseide without using the Datastage OS/3090 pack.

Regards
Sreeni
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Why? I seriously doubt it is doing anything magical and I would have to assume that mainframe jobs have been executed 'from outside' long before DataStage came into the world.
-craig