XML File Stage

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Christina
Participant

XML File Stage

Post by Christina »

Hi,

I have to extract data from an xml file. The XML stage in my machine looks like a plug symbol. Why am i not getting xml file symbol(which i could see in other machines). Also the properties are different from the one given in DS Manual. Do i need to install anything extra? I am new to XML stage. Kindly help.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

I've seen that when your Client version does not exactly match the Server version... do yours?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
Christina
Participant

Post by Christina »

My server version is 7.5.1.A.
And the version in my machine is 7.5.1.A.OEM.
Is this the cause for the problem?
In that case i should install 7.5.1.A version in my machine also. Am i correct?
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

I'm not aware of the significance of the 'OEM' label here, I was meaning 7.5.1a versus 7.5.2 for example. Perhaps you simply need to reinstall your client software.
-craig

Christina
Participant

Post by Christina »

ok. I will reinstall my client software and then try...
Thanks.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

First try a simple reinstall and if that doesn't work - uninstall first and clean up everything it leaves behind, including registry entries. Reboot. Install clean.
-craig

eostic
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by eostic »

...if it still gives you the "plug" icon (that's just a default that appears when there is an issue with the real icon and/or it's client side program).

If you still see it, there may be a problem somewhere with the registering of the client side of the xml stage. I can't remember the exact filename, but you "may" need to register it....... Start...Run... "regsrv32" and the fully qualified name of the plugin at that release, which escapes me right now, but is probably something like xmlXXXX.dll.

Ernie
Ernie Ostic

blogit!
<a href="https://dsrealtime.wordpress.com/2015/0 ... ere/">Open IGC is Here!</a>