Installation Problems V8.0

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

hamzaqk
Participant

Installation Problems V8.0

Post by hamzaqk »

Hi all,

I just installed the new version over the old one 7.5. Everything went fine and i am able to connect to the web console. The only problem is that now i am not being able to see the project list when i try to connect to DS through the client? its coming up as empty although i did create one during the installation.. I also cannot see any projects in the web consoles. and the New project option is disabled..

Can hints as to where i am going wrong ?

Many thanks.
Teradata Certified Master V2R5
chanaka
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by chanaka »

As I remember you need to upgrade the projects from DS Administrator. Can you see that the Upgrade button is available on DS Administrator?

Cheers!
Chanaka Wagoda
hamzaqk
Participant

Post by hamzaqk »

Thanks, but i am not being able to logon to the administrator itself either.
P.S i am not planning to upgrade. i have created a separate instance of this. so i guess now i have two servers... one is listening on Port 9080, not sure about the other one....
Teradata Certified Master V2R5
chanaka
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by chanaka »

First you have to map the logical user name created on WAS domain on port 9080 to relevant DataStage physical user. After doing that only you will be able to login to the DS Administrator.
Chanaka Wagoda