Table Used in all the ETL Jobs

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

devnhi
Premium Member
Premium Member

Table Used in all the ETL Jobs

Post by devnhi »

Hi

I am using the query

"SELECT DISTINCT DS_JOBS.NAME AS JOB_NAME FMT '100L', DS_JOBOBJECTS.NAME AS OBJECT_NAME FMT '100L', DS_JOBOBJECTS.OLETYPE FMT '100L', EVAL DS_JOBOBJECTS.'IF INDEX(@RECORD,'MYTABLE',1) > 0 THEN 'FOUND' ELSE ''' AS FOUND FMT '5L' FROM DS_JOBS, DS_JOBOBJECTS WHERE DS_JOBS.JOBNO = DS_JOBOBJECTS.OBJIDNO and FOUND = 'FOUND' GROUP BY JOB_NAME, DS_JOBS.CATEGORY, OBJECT_NAME, DS_JOBOBJECTS.OLETYPE, FOUND "

But this query is failing saying that

SQL+
IF INDEX ( @RECORD , syntax error

I-descriptor "IF INDEX(@RECORD," was not compiled.

Is there anything I have to correct .Any help is appreciated.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

EVAL expressions must be surrounded by double quotes.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
devnhi
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by devnhi »

I have tried this :

/dsadm/Ascential/DataStage/DSEngine/bin/uvsh "SELECT DISTINCT DS_JOBS.NAME AS JOB_NAME FMT '100L', DS_JOBOBJECTS.NAME AS OBJECT_NAME FMT '100L', DS_JOBOBJECTS.OLETYPE FMT '100L', EVAL DS_JOBOBJECTS."IF INDEX(@RECORD,'TableNm',1) > 0 THEN 'FOUND' ELSE ''" AS FOUND FMT '5L' FROM DS_JOBS, DS_JOBOBJECTS WHERE DS_JOBS.JOBNO = DS_JOBOBJECTS.OBJIDNO AND FOUND = 'FOUND' GROUP BY JOB_NAME, DS_JOBS.CATEGORY, OBJECT_NAME, DS_JOBOBJECTS.OLETYPE, FOUND ;"

But it is failing saying

ksh: syntax error: `(' unexpected

Any Suggestions for me ?
Sainath.Srinivasan
Participant

Post by Sainath.Srinivasan »

It is an unix error and not from UV.

Try running the script from dssh (or uvsh).
devnhi
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by devnhi »

Thanks for the reply.But I am confused here . I am running this command from Unix box at the project directory .

Is there anything I have to try differently. I am having a feeling that there is something wrong with the syntax I am using .

Any other Suggestions for me ?
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

You also have an odd combination of single and double-quotes in there and I think a mismatch is tripping you up. :?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
devnhi
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by devnhi »

Thanks for the response. But I am failing to figure out the Problem with this universe query. I would really really appreciate any help in correcting this .

/dsadm/Ascential/DataStage/DSEngine/bin/uvsh
"SELECT DISTINCT DS_JOBS.NAME AS JOB_NAME FMT '100L', DS_JOBOBJECTS.NAME AS OBJECT_NAME FMT '100L', DS_JOBOBJECTS.OLETYPE FMT '100L',
EVAL DS_JOBOBJECTS."IF INDEX(@RECORD,'TableNm',1) > 0 THEN 'FOUND' ELSE '' " AS FOUND FMT '5L'
FROM DS_JOBS, DS_JOBOBJECTS WHERE DS_JOBS.JOBNO = DS_JOBOBJECTS.OBJIDNO AND FOUND = 'FOUND' GROUP BY JOB_NAME, DS_JOBS.CATEGORY, OBJECT_NAME, DS_JOBOBJECTS.OLETYPE, FOUND ;"
vivekgadwal
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by vivekgadwal »

devnhi wrote:"IF INDEX(@RECORD,'TableNm',1) > 0 THEN 'FOUND' ELSE '' " AS FOUND FMT '5L'
FROM DS_JOBS, DS_JOBOBJECTS
Try using ' ' at the else part. May be it doesn't like " " at that point, thinking that these quotes might be the end of the EVAL :)
Vivek Gadwal

Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted
devnhi
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by devnhi »

Thank you . Now the query is working after I replaced the '' with the ' ' .But now I am wondering with the result of the query. I actually saw this query in the forum to get the jobs where a table has been used .

In one of my job , I did not used the table explicitly anywhere in the query .But the result of the query is returning that the job used the table .

Can somebody explain me , what will the result of the query will be like . Even if the job uses the meta data of the table , it will list out ? How does this will work .

I would appreciate all your help and response on this .
DS_SUPPORT
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by DS_SUPPORT »

Your Search String "TableNm" is used some where in that job/Stage. Might be your job might be using Generated SQL, but the search string can be there in your User Defined SQL.