Converting date to Timestamp !!

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

its_me48
Participant

Converting date to Timestamp !!

Post by its_me48 »

Hello:

I get an external file that has "Record Date" as MM/DD/YYYY HH24:MM (11/19/2009 18:24) format.. The rows abort trying to load into oracle table due to the date/time format. In oracle that 'Record Date' is defined as Timestamp (YYYY-MM-DD HH24:MI:SS). Upon using search functionality here, I used Iconv/Oconv functions without any luck... I am home and cannot paste what I am doing...
Any pointers or code to help me convert the input column from "MM/DD/YYYY HH24:MI" to Oracle's "YYYY-MM-DD HH24:MI:SS" format is highly appreciated.

Thank You,
-Sam
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

For the date portion

Code: Select all

Oconv(Iconv(Left(InLink.Fieldname,10),"DMDY"),
"D-YMD[4,2,2]")
For the time portion

Oconv(Iconv(Right(InLink.Fieldname, 5), "MT"),"MTS")
Concatenate these with a space between.

Oconv(Iconv(Left(InLink.Fieldname,10),"DMDY"), "D-YMD[4,2,2]") : " " : Oconv(Iconv(Right(InLink.Fieldname, 5), "MT"),"MTS")
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

You could also just use the square bracket 'substring operators' to rearrange the date, then cat on the time and the zero seconds you'll need.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
its_me48
Participant

Post by its_me48 »

Ray and chulett,

Thanks much. Problem solved. Tried both ways.. BTW, I was not doing IConv right....

-Sam